Random Member

dipesh sharma
Do you think recent suicide blasts are a reaction against Lal Masjid operation?

Total Members

3135 registered
0 today
0 yesterday
0 this week
0 this month
Attock
25°C
Attock News Forum
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Election Coverage: NA-57 Attock I (1 viewing) (1) Guest
----------> In the wake of fresh delimitations, Attock District has now 3 National Assembly constituencies which are: NA-57 Attock ?I Attock Tehsil excluding the following: (i) Ghourghasti Town Committee; (ii) Ghourghasti Qanungo Halqa of Attock District. ----------> NA-58 Attock ?II (a) Jand Tehsil; and (b) Pandi Gheb Tehsil of Attock District. ----------> NA-59 Attock-III (a) Hassan Abdal Tehsil; (b) Fateh Jang Tehsil; (c) Ghourghashti Town Committee (d) Ghourgashti Qanungo Halqa of Attock District ----------> The total population in this district is 1,274,935. <----------
Go to bottom Favoured: 0
TOPIC: Election Coverage: NA-57 Attock I
Ali Hassan (Admin)
graphgraph
User Online Now Click here to see the profile of this user
Re:Election Coverage: NA-57 Attock I 6 Years, 8 Months ago Karma: 1  
Malik Amin Aslam, former minister in Shaukat Aziz?s cabinet, Eman Wasim niece of PML-Q President Chaudhry Shujaat Hussain and daughter of Attock District Nazim Maj (r) Tahir Sadiq, Syed Azmat Ali Bukhari of PPPP and Sheikh Aftab Ahmed of PML-N will be contesting this seat in the upcoming elections. Interestingly, three former MNAs are in the race for this seat. This constituency consists of Hazro and Attock tehsils and Sanjwal Cant.

Aslam, who is now contesting the polls as an independent candidate after returning the PML-Q ticket due to differences with the party leadership, is son of former MNA Malik Muhammad Aslam. Aftab Sheikh of PML-N won this seat three times in the 1991, 1993 and 1997 elections. Eman Wasim had won from NA-59 Attock-III in 2002 elections but she later vacated the seat for former prime minister Shaukat Aziz.

Logged Logged  
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
engrzia (Visitor)

Re:Election Coverage: NA-57 Attock I 6 Years, 8 Months ago  
2002 ELECTIONS:
1 Mr.Aftab Khan Wardag Tehrik-e-Istaqlal 2270
2 Hafiz Saeed Ahmad Muttahidda Majlis-e-Amal Pakistan 23933
3 Mr.SheikhEhsan-ud-din Pakistan Peoples Party Parliamentarians 9570
4 Mr.Mahboob Ahmad Qadri Pakistan Awami Tehreek 2043
5 Mr.Mohammad Salman Sarwar Pakistan Muslim League(N) 23988
6 Malik Amin Aslam Khan Pakistan Muslim League(QA) 39921
7 Malik Mohammad Asghar Advocate Independent 685
Valid Votes 102410
Rejected Votes 3773
Total Votes 106183
Registered Voters 243306
Percentage of Votes Polled to Registered Voters 43.64 %

Logged Logged  
Adonis (Visitor)

The constituency comprises attock city as well as attock and hazro tehsils.

Malik Amin Aslam, the ex minister of state for environment has returned q league ticket after Eman Wasim, teh daughter of district nazim, maj. tahir sadiq entered the fray as independent.

PPP is not among the main contenders. PML(N) is this time fielding the ex-MNA Sheikh Aftab Ahmed whose son contested and lost on PML(N) ticket in 2002. He is a strong candiddate. MMA has lost quite a bit of its support now.

The division of votes between Eman Wasim and Amin Aslam is likely to help Sheikh Aftab coast to victory.

RESULT: PML(N) victory.

Logged Logged  
billy (Visitor)

Elections will be rigged here in this constituency which is sure and all machinery will be used to topple NAWAZ LEAGUE.

Logged Logged  
Adonis (Visitor)

All these predictions are under the assumption that the elections will be 'free and fair'.

If a rigging like 1977 elections takes place, then of course allies of mush will win everywhere.

Logged Logged  
javed (Visitor)

pmlq will win this seat because of their control over zila nazimship.
pmlq wins

Logged Logged  
Go to top
get the latest posts directly to your desktop